Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Still breathing, barely

Well, I'm not sure what it's like in your part of the world, but here in San Diego, we've got a wicked cold going around. This has honestly been the worst cold I think I've ever had. 102 degree fever, that all-over body ache, sore joints, and I could barely muster the energy to sleep. You know it's bad when the fact that your throat-tearing cough is finally producing phlegm is seen as a good thing. My doctor actually put me on Vicodin just so I could sleep through the night. Crazy stuff. And it's kept me off the felt. Which, based on this little gem, is probably a good thing.

PLO/8. 9 player, I'm sitting comfortably in 2nd. I raise preflop, and UTG, who had limped and had me covered, comes along. I flop the Royal draw, so there's no way I'm leaving, but UTG got enough to justify staying in, regardless of what I bet. I wasn't completely doomed until the river, but sure enough the river boat sinks my turned nut flush, and IGH in 5th. Big pile of meh. Still, the b/r is positive for 2009, so I'll keep grinding. Stay dry and stay healthy. See ya out there.

No comments: