Sunday, January 25, 2009

Small Victories

Well, after several midrange losses (4th of 9, 6th of 18), I finally found some money. Simple $11+1 9 player, and I finished 2nd. I had a pretty good balance of tight and aggressive, and found that after 3 or 4 folds in a row, I could pop a preflop bluff raise and take it down. I got sucked out a couple of times, including this one during 4 handed play:

Dealt to iamhoff [Ad 6s]
iamhoff calls 600
HotPanda folds
westside115 folds
KYLE49ers checks
*** FLOP *** [Td 9d 2d]
KYLE49ers checks
iamhoff bets 600
KYLE49ers raises to 1,200
iamhoff calls 600
*** TURN *** [Td 9d 2d] [Qc]
KYLE49ers bets 1,895, and is all in
iamhoff calls 1,895
KYLE49ers shows [6h 3d]
iamhoff shows [Ad 6s]
*** RIVER *** [Td 9d 2d Qc] [3s]
KYLE49ers shows a pair of Threes
iamhoff shows Ace Queen high
KYLE49ers wins the pot (7,690) with a pair of Threes

Yes, I shouldn't have limped, but A6 is not bad 4 handed and I'd been active the prior 3 hands, which is why I was in first place. But it happens. I made up for it with this hand:

Dealt to iamhoff [Ac 2h]
HotPanda folds
westside115 folds
KYLE49ers raises to 2,000
iamhoff calls 1,125, and is all in
KYLE49ers shows [As 9s]
iamhoff shows [Ac 2h]
Uncalled bet of 475 returned to KYLE49ers
*** FLOP *** [Qd Ah 2c]
*** TURN *** [Qd Ah 2c] [2s]
*** RIVER *** [Qd Ah 2c 2s] [Ts]
KYLE49ers shows two pair, Aces and Twos
iamhoff shows a full house, Twos full of Aces
iamhoff wins the pot (3,050) with a full house, Twos full of Aces

The poker gods taketh, and then they giveth back (occasionally). And anytime they give back to my bankroll, it's a good day.

Last 5 songs at the gym:

Keep Away - Godsmack
Crashed - Daughtry
Chinese Democracy - Guns N Roses (it's actually a pretty decent album, who knew)
Judas Kiss - Metallica (Death Magnetic is fucking awesome!)
The Pretender - Foo Fighters

See ya out there, peeps!

No comments: