Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nice to see some things never change...

Wassup! This past few months has been very frustrating and non-conducive to poker (among other things). Back in November, the best doggie anywhere (a sample of which can be found here), Ginger, lost her battle with cancer (I HATE that fucking disease!). She's now in doggie heaven chasing bunnehs and kittehs, but life at Casa de Hoff has been way depressing. So depressing that DAPGF couldn't wait until past the holidays and got us a Dobie puppeh in early December, just before I signed up for the PokerStars WBCOOP tournament. Unfortunately, the puppy was a little older and had some serious behavioral problems (mainly aggression, towards both dogs and people). So the weekend of the tournament, I had to drive DAPGF back to the breeder in Paso Robles to return the dog. So we are once again without doggie. We do get the pick of the breeder's next litter, which should be born in March, but it still requires waiting.

So now that things are somewhat stable for the time being, I'm trying to get back into the groove. My morning dog walk and dog feed time is officially allocated to going running in the morning. Officially. Unofficially, I've been fighting off a cold and have been spending most of my time touching the snooze button. Meh. Hopefully I can find the motivation and get back on a track of dropping some of the weight I've gained over the past year. (Check out the progress here). Also in the vein of New Years Resolutions, I'm trying to be more timely in managing my bills, and to not fuck around as much at work. And most importantly, PLAY MORE POKER AND POST MORE BLOGGING STUFF!!

So here we are posting, and I'll talk about 2009 and how poker is treating me thus far. The first SNG I played was a 27 player, $2.25 on Tilt. I freaking won it, doubling my bankroll right there. A few days later, I followed that up with a couple of $6.50s that went nowhere (10th/45, 46th/90, 6th/9). And then tonight I jumped into a $12 18 player SNG. I was playing solid, and I ran in 1st or 2nd most of the way through it. We get to 4 handed, and I'm comfortably in 2nd. Then 4th place busted out, which allowed 3rd place to jump past me to 2nd place. Then came the bad hand. I'm UTG and get KQs...a pretty solid hand 3 handed. So I pop a raise. Big Stack Bully was in the BB, and came over the top. I figured him for a bully move, so I called. Unfortunately when the cards flipped, he had AK, including the s00ted Ace to my KQ. End result, A on the flop and IGH in 3rd. Still, it was a decent cash. I decided to press my luck and try one more...a $12 9 player. I'm running pretty solid through this one also, and we get to the bubble. I'm in 3rd, in the BB, and I find AJs. Fold, fold, and big stack bully in the SB comes over the top, as he's done all night. So I figure I've got a better than decent chance, even if he's got a real hand...strong, s00ted ace, nut flush draw, broadway draw, royal draw, plus, BSB is probably full of crap. And...
Yep. Q5off. I'm feeling pretty damn good until the flop of 2Q5, and Hoff is teh bubble boy. Still, the bankroll is positive for 2009, so I'll hold on to that little bit of goodness. DAPGF is teaching 3 nights this quarter, so I'm actually going to have some opportunities to jump on the felt. Maybe I'll bump into some of you. See ya out there!

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

iamhoff said...

Thanks!