Monday, October 27, 2008

Where does the time go?

I'm not sure when it got so hard to post. The new assignments at work keep me busy, and DAPGF seems to always have something to do when we get home. Not that there's anything wrong with that (wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean), but it does cut into the pokah and bloggah time. And the golf time, and the sleep time, and so on down the list.

So. I've actually had a bit of success recently at the tables, and doubled my bankroll. I've just been working on leaks in my game, trying not to get too loose later in the tournaments, and I have been getting lucky. Dumb calling station opponents certainly help. This was the first hand in a PLO/8 SNG that I wound up winning.

Dealt to iamhoff [9d 8h]
tikibars626: folds
Poker Own U: folds
Noid$614: folds
Bassinyou: calls 20
totem333: folds
12 oz m0use: folds
iamhoff: calls 20
WuTank: calls 10
d0r1t0s: checks
*** FLOP *** [8d 7s 4h]
WuTank: checks
d0r1t0s: checks
Bassinyou: checks
iamhoff: bets 40
WuTank: folds
d0r1t0s: folds
Bassinyou: calls 40
*** TURN *** [8d 7s 4h] [Td]
Bassinyou: bets 40
iamhoff: calls 40
*** RIVER *** [8d 7s 4h Td] [9c]
Bassinyou: bets 60
iamhoff: raises 140 to 200
Bassinyou: calls 140
*** SHOW DOWN ***
iamhoff: shows [9d 8h] (two pair, Nines and Eights)
Bassinyou: mucks hand
iamhoff collected 640 from pot

With blinds at only 10/20, 640 is a pretty nice pot to drag. And for the record, PLO is very much a "limp and see the flop" game. My opponent limped with Q9 off, so at the flop he had two overs (which is pretty much worthless in PLO), at the turn he had a gutshot, and at the river picked up 2nd pair, 3rd kicker. I guess he either thought I was bluffing, or figured that my river reraise was still small enough that it wasn't too much of a dent in his stack.

This one, the cards just fell my way.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to iamhoff [Kh Qh]
d0r1t0s: folds
Poker Own U: folds
Noid$614: folds
Bassinyou: raises 450 to 600
12 oz m0use: folds
iamhoff: calls 525
WuTank: folds
*** FLOP *** [Kc 8s 8h]
iamhoff: bets 450
Bassinyou: raises 215 to 665 and is all-in
iamhoff: calls 215
*** TURN *** [Kc 8s 8h] [4c]
*** RIVER *** [Kc 8s 8h 4c] [Jd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
iamhoff: shows [Kh Qh] (two pair, Kings and Eights)
Bassinyou: shows [Td As] (a pair of Eights)
iamhoff collected 2680 from pot

And that's pretty much how that one went.

Here's a case where Presto really was gold:
That was an 18 player NLHE SNG, and I managed to win that one, too. It's not been all perfect, because despite the updates, online poker is still rigged, as evidenced by this:
and this:
As much as I love s00ted cards, T3 is not a hand I would normally play. I will, however, check my BB option, and did so. 57 s00ted is a hand that I'll limp if the pot is opened, but I would never open-limp with it. So imagine my chagrin after shoving on the river, to find a feather plucking str8 flush staring up at me from the next seat over.

Oh well, so it goes. The important thing is that I've actually made some progress on my b/r. Maybe I can actually build on that. See ya out there, peeps.

No comments: