Friday, May 23, 2008

Stuff and more stuff

The windows in my office in Santa Ana face out to an intersection on a fairly major street. Accidents and near misses are common, and somewhat entertaining. But as I was preparing to leave today, I got quite a show. I'm logging some work into the computer, with my back to the window, when I hear the "chirp" siren that a cop will use when he's pulling someone over. I looked out the window and directly in front of me, maybe 10 feet away, a Santa Ana police officer is getting out of his cruiser with his hand near his weapon. As he walks to the driver's door of the ratty, mid-90s Honda Civic he pulled over, his partner is hanging back behind the Civic and another cruiser came tearing up. As the other officers pull up, all of a sudden the first cop takes two steps back and pulls his gun. His partner comes around to the passenger side with his gun drawn. The other two draw their weapons and the first cop pulls the driver out. A gun falls out of his lap onto the street. The passenger is pulled out the passenger side, dropped on his face on the sidewalk, and cuffed. Then another cop car comes tearing up and blocks the street at the intersection. Once both of the guys in the Civic are cuffed, the cops start going thru the interior of the Civic. I left at that point, but I guess it's just another typical day in Santa Ana.

DAPGF went out with some friends tonight, so Hoff figured he'd try his luck at the digital tables. And in case anybody was wondering, the river button is alive and well on Full Tilt. I was playing in a 180 SNG on Full Tilt. I checked my ATs in the BB, with 5 limpers. Flop came down 7s Ks Ah, giving me the nut flush draw, along with TPDK. I thought about leading out, but I figured I'd check my Decent Kicker and see what happened on the turn. Js. Boooooom!! Featherplucking nut frush! I check my monster, and villain leads out with a pot bet. MP reraises all in, for about half of my stack. I smooth called, and villain (who had me covered by 200 chips) shoved over top of me. Again, I called with my monster. MP flipped over A9c, giving him a pair of aces. Villain turned over a K7o, for a limped 2 pair. Not good enough for da nut frush...until the river. 7. Reverse boom, and IGH.

While playing the 180, I was also playing a $3.30 knockout 90 player. We made it to the break, and I was sitting in about 14th out of 37 left. Third hand back, and I get dealt cowboys in the cutoff. Big Stack Bully in EP min-raises, and I reraise him another 5x. He calls. Flop is A 4 5 rainbow. I'm trying to think what he may have here, given his initial min-raise and smooth call of my reraise. Because of his BSB nature, I discounted aces, and figured he would've played Ax or 4s or 5s more aggressively preflop. So I put him on junk. He checked, I bet out the pot, he came over the top and I called all-in. I flip over my cowboys and he turns over 67o. OK. He's got an OESD. Please no 3 or 8. Please no 3 or 8. Turn is actually a K, strengthening my hand. Doubling up thru the BSB would be sweet, and push me into probably the top 5 in the tourney. And the river brings the.................8, completing asshat's str8 and sending me to the fridge for another Blackened Voodoo Lager. River bombed twice in separate tournaments inside of 10 minutes. Meh.

At the gym tonight, last 5 songs to hit the shuffle:

Innerpartysystem - New Transmission
Testament - Electric Crown
Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't Bring Me Down
Atreyu - Blow
Authority Zero - Mexican Radio

On the train, the last 5 songs to hit the shuffle:

The Aquabats - Super Rad
Hed Kandi - Feeling the Night
The Refreshments - Banditos
Bob Mould - Hanging Tree
Soul Coughing - Screenwriter's Blues

Enjoy the extended weekend!

No comments: