Monday, November 19, 2007

What I Am Thankful For

I am thankful for A9 s000ted. Full Tilt, 45 player $10+1 SNG. Over the course of 2 hours, I was dealt A9s 6 separate times. The first one I took down a smallish pot (it was early and blinds were still only 30-60) with TPTK. The second one boated up 9s full on the turn and let me stack somebody who had limped Big Slick along. The third one let me hit my flush on the turn. The fourth one was a flopped flush. The fifth one was a river boat of 9s full again that let me stack someone slowplaying their AQ 2 pair. The last one busted the money bubble. I had 4 to the flush, and was looking at a board of TQ9J. Victim shoved, and showed his K9 for the K-high str8. The river brought a glorious K, allowing me to complete Broadway and pop the money bubble.

So I'd led since we had been down to about 12, and then I started taking some hits and bleeding chips. I ran JJ into KK. My AK didn't improve against 44. And I'd gotten down to 5th of 5. And then the cards woke up. AK, AQs, KK. Inside of 5 hands, I was back in first place. Honestly, when we got down to the final four, it felt like a damn blogger table...lots of fun girlie chat. But somebody eventually had to lose, and somehow I had channeled CJ and here was the final result.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! See ya on the felt!

2 comments:

Julius_Goat said...

I just finished 100 of these 45 seat $10 deals.

So soft. Sooooooooooooooo so so so soft.

Nice score.

mookie99 said...

Congrats!