Friday, October 19, 2007

Assorted Gen-u-wine Poker Content

Random thoughts on some recent poker-riffic action.

In the end, AK is nothing more than Ace-high. 9 player NLHE SNG on Tilt. It's early, but my stack is up around 2000, and I get dealt AK UTG. I pop it 5x and get one caller. Flop comes down tripsnowmen (as opposed to Tripjax), and I check. My caller shoves. Nobody would do that with the case 8, so I put him on 2 high cards. I've got him barely covered, so I decide to call. Nice to know I guessed right as he flipped AQ over. Unfortunately he turns his Q and cripples me. Next hand, I get Big Slick again. 4 limpers, the button makes baby Jebus cry with a min-raise, and I shove over that for my last 300 or so. Button calls and flips over A7s. Aaaand the river is a 7, and IGH.

While that was going on, I was also in a 45 player. I get dealt the powerhouse 93o in the BB. UTG and 3 limpers allow me to check my monster hand. And the flop comes down 9-3-5. SB checks and so do I. UTG bets out the pot. It folds around to me, and I reraise him twice his bet. He shoves and I've got him covered, so I call. He flips over his rockets, and I stack his slowplaying ass. Ya gotta love them big blind specials.

Here's someone to follow on Full Tilt: Panicbet. The dude is a LAGWJ (loose aggressive whackjob), who shoves with almost any two cards, but he loves his s00ted cards. No matter which ones. In the above 45-player, we're at the final table, and I'm sitting at 3 of 9. His stack probably put him at 5th or 6th. UTG, he min-raises preflop. 2 callers come along, giving me easy pot odds for my K9h. Flop comes down 68K rainbow. SB checks, and I lead out with a 3/4 pot bet, figuring that should be enough to protect my TPDK and take it down. Nope. Panicass decides to shove over top of me. He's been shoving all over the place, really bullying the tables, so with a decent hand and decent stack, I decided to call his bullshit. And I was right, when he flipped over 26c for bottom pair, last kicker, and no clubs on the board. And here's what happened:


Yep. He spikes a duck on the river to give him 2 pair and leave me gasping in last place with less than 3K in chips. But I patiently wait for my opportunities. I catch a few hands, and then double up to 7400. Then I catch KK in the BB. He decides to shove preflop, with his 16K stack. I call and laugh when he turns over J3d. No evil happens and I double thru the asshat. Ship it, beeyotch! 2 hands later, he shoves again. The chipleader calls, but this time he has a real hand. QsQd, and he's probably thinking that he just pulled off a great trap. Except that the chipleader got to where he was by playing good cards. He flips over KsKd and felts the asstard. The entire table just flamed him in the girlie chat. Ahh, sweet justice, and he was the money bubble to boot! Does it get any better than that? So after being down to 9th place at the final table, I managed to fight my way back to 3rd in chips, with 5 remaining. Unfortunately I wasn't destined to go any farther. I get dealt QQ, run it into AA, and IGH in 5th.

Also played in a 600 FTP token SNG. And for some reason, the frush was my friend. I honestly hit a flush 5 or 6 times just in this one SNG. I think I decided to take this screenshot just because it was probably the 3rd one I hit, and it was starting to become amusing.


I love it when someone bets into me when I'm holding the nuts. Double me up, beeyotch!

Here's another one, when we were down to heads up.


I knew I wouldn't be able to double through him, because all the clubs on the board were scary, so I bet what I thought I could get away with, just over 2/3 of the pot. He called and mucked his 3 snowmen. Yeah, I would've loved more, but you take what you can get. Ultimately I won my token, and I'm going to start off in the $24k Guarantee this Tuesday. Feel free to find me on the rail or in the girlie chat. DAPGF was kind enough to give me the night off, so it will hopefully be poker non-interruptus.

Finally, everybody's favorite pool hottie was wondering if I was going to make it out to Vegas for the WPBT Winter Classic. I'm not sure. DAPGF is going to have 3 weeks off over the holidays, and is thinking on a Vegas run in between Xmas and New Years. Depending on when the Winter Classic is, it may or may not work. Hopefully the timing will work out so that I can convince DAPGF that the Winter Classic would be a perfect time to go to Vegas. Then she could meet all of my invisible internet friends that she constantly hears about. As things get closer, I'll try to lock up some dates. We shall see...

See ya on the felt!

No comments: