Thursday, August 02, 2007

One more deposit option gone.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***

 

Per PokerStars, as of 2 a.m. EDT Thursday, All Access Visa Debit Cards, the ones that actually did work on PokerStars and Full Tilt have been blocked.  PokerStars Deposit Assistance crew sent me an email stating that they'd been blocked by the Federal Government due to the US financial institutions' restrictions on "gambling" transactions.  I haven't confirmed with Full Tilt if they've been hit with the same restrictions, but I would presume they have been.  PokerStars has directed me to ePassaporte, which I believe Hoy has had some success with.  Guess I'll go online and use the card to pay my cell bill.  Meh.

 

I've actually managed to play in a few MTTs and SNGs recently, and when I get home tonight I'll put together a recap.  Actual poker content…who knew?

5 comments:

DP said...

that's unfortunate...

drewspop said...

yo hoff, how's it going man? yeah, I have been feeling a slight pull here and there about playing, but the options to reload are so slim, it's not even worth the aggravation.

Cooperstown was awesome. We didn't actually go on induction day. We were there Saturday, the day before. It was crazy packed and I saw Mr. Gwynn, and Mr. Winfield, I am sure another iamhoff fav, chasing the white ball. Pretty cool stuff.

Hope we end up meeting out in Vegas next month...next month...hehe...getting giddy.

CarmenSinCity said...

DAMN! Those fucking govt. bastards. You could always use the card to go bet on horses - for some reason that's not gambling right?

iamhoff said...

I'm just wondering when the racetrack operators are going to attempt to get either slots or card room permits. The local Indian tribes here will go apeshit over the potential loss of their monopoly, but hell. I just want some rational thought (yeah right) to prevail and issue an exemption for poker similar to lotteries and horse tracks. If they must tax it, open up the financial institutions to actually making the direct transactions, and have them charge a "sales tax" or something that can go to the government "rake". Then we can bypass all of this bullshit, pay our 10% deposit tax, and get our poker on! How fucking hard must it be? It is racing season here in Del Mar, but it made more sense to pay my Verizon Wireless bill. We've got an office outing to the track coming up, so we're all gonna get our drink on and get our horsies on. Fun times.

And yes, Chris, Winfield is another fave of the Hoff family. Tony and Dave playing catch? Wayh cool! One of these days, I'll get back there and check out Cooperstown and maybe see a game at Fenway (screw the Yankees!!!).

Beck said...

The PayTRU debit card (based in Cyprus) still seems to work at both PS and FT. You can sign up for them through PS's cashier.