Monday, July 02, 2007

The one in which we breathe a sigh of relief...

Sez me…

 

This past 2 weeks has been brutally hectic.  Working late several nights, over the weekend, all to get a proposal together for a potentially $1.8 million contract.   We got it done, and now it's a waiting game to see if my company is going to be called for an interview.  I've got more projects to work on this week, but I'm hella relieved to be done with that proposal.   Of course, if we get the project I'm looking at 2 solid years of being busy, but it beats being unemployed.

 

A side effect of the work situation was that I played practically no poker at all for almost 2 weeks.  My first game of any substance, hell the only game I played recently was a 9 player $11 turbo on Tilt that I got into at about 12:30 in the morning, because I finally had a moment and was itching to play.   I played solid ABC poker.  We went into HU with chip counts me T3000 and villain T10,500.  I managed to get all the way to me T12,000 and villain T1500 and the deck went cold.   Every hand I entered except for maybe 2, it was at worst a race, and at best I should've been a lock.  At that high point, I was in the BB.   Villain shoved and it was only another 700 to call.  I look down at a s00ted 26, and figure what the hell…it's s00ted.  He flips over a 27 and he manages to drag the pot.   From there it just went to hell.  My AK vs AT…he flops a set.  My TT to his 55, he 4 flushes it.   And so on.  The only other hand where I was dominated was the last hand.  I'm back to T3000 and he's fought back to T10,500.   I get a s000ted K7 in the SB and shove.  He calls with his own s00ted K8.  Flop comes down K78, and IGH.   Still, 2nd place…that was my first cash in a while so I'll take it.

 

Beyond that, not too much happening.  I was supposed to golfing over the weekend, but we had to delay it to next weekend for some reason or other.   Now I've got something to look forward to.  It's nice and warm here in San Diego, so I'm getting back into beach mode.   My office isn't too far from the beach (maybe 2-3 miles), so some nights that DAPGF teaches I'm catching some waves.  My Padres are doing well, and my boy Tony Gwynn is getting inducted into the Hall of Fame.   All in all, things are looking good.

 

See ya on the felt.

1 comment:

BrainMc said...

That is some serious cold-decking.