Tuesday, February 06, 2007

To Slowplay, or Not To Slowplay...

Ok. This is heads up play, so things are a little different. Still, as much fun as it is to slow play a monster hand on a trap, it most definitely can come back and bite you in the ass. Victim with his Rockets in the SB elected to simply complete the blinds. As a result, my buddy Troll got a free pass with his powerhouse K2off. Teh results are here:



Yep. Dems Quads, Bitches! And to top it off, that hand won the game. Yes, slow playing can be a good trap and moneymaker, but if you really get greedy Karma can put a smackdown on you.

Regarding the general state of affairs, I’m in the process of trying to reload my accounts at PokerStars and Full Tilt. Next payday I’m going to buy a preloaded Visa (making sure it is issued by a non-US bank) and fund up my accounts. I have inquiries into both sites, wondering if they can do cashouts back to credit cards. I don’t see why they wouldn’t, particularly for a reloadable card. I know Hoy has had luck in using Gift2Go cards, and Troll found a few places here in San Diego (Rite Aid drugs in particular) that sell them. I’ve seen other such preloaded cards at both Ralphs and Vons grocery stores, but I haven’t had the time to really look them over. If I can get one of these to work, tho, I can reestablish my fonkalicious ways at all the fun brogger tournaments. Maybe I can even convince DAPGF that Vegas in the summer is teh shizzle, and that we should go. Oh look at that. I think the WPBT might be doing another gathering of lunacy. Hmmm.

No comments: