Monday, February 12, 2007

A partial solution...

So. In these days of UIGEA and Neteller, what is a boy to do who has gotten stuck and would really like to reload? Well, if you can find it, an All-Access prepaid Visa debit card purchased at your local Vons or Albertsons supermarket is just the answer. At least on PokerStars. It has to be All-Access and it has to be Visa, again, at least for Stars. Stars allows a min deposit via Visa of $10, and the preloaded cards I've seen came in $25, $50, and $100 increments. They also had blank cards that you could load up with whatever amount you wanted, but I figured that the prepaid ones were better...they hadn't been touched by my US-based bank at all, and should thus stand up to a reasonable level of scruitny. And the best part? It was just as fast as InstaCash. I haven't tried any other sites, but I might somewhere down the road. I've heard that Full-Tilt isn't processing credit card deposits from US players, but I don't know if that applies to these types of cards. I'll keep you posted. In the meanwhile, I'll see you out there.

4 comments:

JBPowerHour said...

Oh wow... that would be so clutch if prepaid credit cards worked with poker sites. I'm looking for a viable deposit method, as well as a new poker site myself in the wake of the NETeller BS; I still have $500 tied up in that whole mess. Please do keep us posted on how that works out!

CarmenSinCity said...

Good idea!!! I will keep that in mind.

iamhoff said...

So far, PokerStars is working fine. I'm compiling a list of what I find out with these cards and what sites support them. Probably tonight I'll get the post up. And JB, I'll get you hooked up on the blogroll when I do an update tonight.

Matt Silverthorn said...

Can you withdraw from the site and have money credited back onto the card?