Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

It's a little belated, but on December 2, The Randomness of Hoff turned 1 year old! Given the events of the past 6 months, there were times where I wondered if it would survive to a year. Well, it did. And to top it off, I received a slightly belated but extremely welcome gift...I finally got a fucking job!!!!!!!!!!

I start on Monday the 11th, and I'm doing what I really like doing, environmental and land use consulting to government agencies. Basically, cities, counties, transit agencies, school districts, etc., will contract with my company and have us either prepare complex environmental documentation for projects of theirs, prepare major land use documents (General Plans, Master Plans of Development, etc.), or review and process environmental and land use applications that are submitted to them. The pay is good, not as good as I was getting, but in this market I'll take it.

So, long story short, I'm alive!! It will be a few weeks until I get my first paycheck, so I won't be back on the tables that quickly...but I WILL be back! Extreme thank yous to all of you out there who still stop by, and Uber-Extreme thanks yous for the continued words of encouragement: Smokkee, Jules, Lady Falcon, My Leetle Seester, Klopzi, Iakaris, Tripjax, Drewspop, Matt, Mr. Jack Mehoff, Joe Speaker, Raveen, Mookie, and anybody else I forgot. In any respect, I'm coming back! See ya 'round the room!

11 comments:

mookie99 said...

Congrats on the new job ! Great news.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats!

I can only imagine how happy and relieved you must feel after such a long, tough stretch!

Enjoy the new job and we'll see you back at the tables when you're ready!

Congrats again!

TripJax said...

Fushizzle!

Good news all around. This calls for a toast. Hmmm, I'm at work, but if I can find some alcohol, I'll take a swig as a toast to you.

Congrats!

brett jungblut said...

Congrats! Unemployed and ungambling is no way to live...

smokkee said...

welcome back to the grind of working stiffs.

congratulations!

Lady Falcon said...

Congratulations on the new job. I'm glad things are starting to look up for you.

iamhoff said...

Thank you one and all. This has been an absolutely shittay time, and I am beyond glad that it's finally coming to an end. It will be a little bit of time before I gots the $$$ to jump back into the tables, but it's nice knowing that I WILL be back.

jjok said...

congrats on the job!

Anonymous said...

Dude, congrats! That's awesome.

Ingoal said...

Congrats! Awesome news...

Donkeypuncher said...

Congrats!