Sunday, August 13, 2006

So...

Kudos to Pauly, Change, Otis, Wil, and everybody who fought the man to bring all of us WSOP coverage. Pauly, hope ya find some well-deserved relaxation. Hell, I hope all of you get a good chance to unwind, but Pauly was starting to sound particularly frazzled. Thanx one and all for the time, effort and sacrifice you all put into this. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing the TV coverage of the disgruntled dealers. Maybe next year we can talk ESPN into doing remotes from the Tilted Kilt or the Hooker Bar.

Not much happening for me on the poker front. I hit a couple of freerolls here and there, but a freeroll is just rebuy madness without the rebuys. I've made it deep into several of them, and cashed a couple of times. It is hard though, because so many of these people will come over the top of my KK 6x preflop raise with 6-8s because they're s00000ted and sure as hell my 3rd K will spike their flush. So it goes.

Saw the movie "World Trade Center" last night. Damn. I highly recommend it. It was extremely well-done, and intense as all hell. And to Oliver Stone's credit, he really did keep the politics out of it. All he did was tell the story of the two NY Port Authority cops who were pulled out of the rubble. It was one of the most intense, impressive movies I've seen thus far (SOAP breaks this coming weekend - WOO HOO!!), and I strongly recommend it. And back to what will be the Cinema Experience of The Year, Snakes on a Motherfucking Plane! Those of you who are watching ESPN's WSOP coverage doubtless saw the SOAP trailer during the 8/8 episodes. That was the first time I'd seen any ad for SOAP that wasn't online. Thanks to Dear and Patient GF, I see two movies every week (with occasional exceptions), and I still haven't seen anything more than posters at the theatres. Oh well, who the hell cares. Friday night, DAPGF has graciously agreed to subject herself to Snakes on a Motherfucking Plane. I cannot fucking wait!!!

And finally the job hunt. Slow, slow, slow. The Riverside gig I mentioned previously went to somebody already up there. No big deal, because I really wasn't wanting to contemplate the "commute or move" option. The consulting gigs I mentioned are still up in the air. I supposedly was going to hear something this past week, but you know how that goes. There's a couple of other things going on that show some promise, and I might hear something in the next week or so. Keep thinking good thoughts.

There's the update. Hopefully I'll have some actual news to report. If not, I'll see you at the theater on Friday...Snakes on a Motherfucking Plane!!!

2 comments:

brett jungblut said...

Just won tickets from 91x to a thursday premier of snakes - the one movie I was surely going to avoid. But hell, it's free!

Jules said...

You make me laugh at every post. Okay, we don't get SoaP for a while down here yet, so I expect full fucking reviews!