Saturday, June 10, 2006

Still getting caught up on things

As you have no doubt figured out, I haven't spent too much time lately blogging or poker-ing. That has unfortunately included reading the blogs of others, whom I really do enjoy reading. I am attempting to visit everybody on the roll plus others who need to be added, just to do a little catching up.

One that I just got a look at was Ryan at Absinthetics. He is part of the Murderer's Row gang of evil, and a damn fine poker player. He is the infamous blogger who took down the LA Poker Classic in January. The. Whole. Damn. Thing. He is a great student of the game, and is more than willing to offer up his observations on how to better play this game we all call hell, I mean poker. Play good cards and fold bad cards. Deep. But his post from 6/5 really struck a chord with me, for one little sentence. It's other players' mistakes that will kill you. It's when some donkfish tourist decides that 56 s00ted is worth calling a 3x preflop raise and catches two pair to suck out your TPTK. That is a very insightful observation, and one I felt compelled to share. Now get out there and take 'em down.

2 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Hey Hoff. Nice to see you back in the blogging fray. We missed your witticisms around these parts!

If you're available, come play in my weekly online home game tonight on pokerstars at 10pm ET. Details are on my blog if you want to sign up.

Hopefully see you there tonight.

Matt Silverthorn said...

Unfortunately, the flip side is also true: it is your opponent's mistakes that will kill them. The problem is trying to figure out which mistake your opponent is making, if any.

Good luck with your job, man. Hope it all works out for you.