Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Home sick with nothing to do...

Let's play poker!!! I ate something that didn't agree with me, and I spent the night driving the porcelain bus. Great weight loss technique...down 3 pounds in less than 24 hours. Anyway...

I played my first Stars 180 a couple of days ago, and totally dug it. I busted out in 69th, but that was more due to my donkalicious ways than anything else. So I figured I had the time, and I'd play a 180. Had a lot of fun. I didn't make any huge moves, but I tended to catch cards when I needed to. Here's one example:

Thanks to everybody at the table who limped around so I could check the BB. Have I said how much I enjoy flopping a boat? Couple of hands later, I found pocket rockets. Thanx to the stoner dude for pushing with 99.

On the very next hand, I found 'em again. Nobody wanted to play this time...no idea why.
Chipped up, chipped down. Only had a few hee haw plays, but after being moved 4 or 5 times, I just wasn't getting any traction. Worse, I was stuck at a table with two pushmonkeys on either side of me. It got to the point that I wouldn't call any blind, because somebody would reraise the hell out of me. I eventually wound up being blinded in with J8d vs KJo. I just missed the money, busting out in 21st. Oh well, I've got time for more.

Oops. Entered another. First hand I find KK on the button. One dude raises it up 6x, and I figured that was enough so I called. Flop came down K75. Dude shoves and I call. He flips over 77, and I'm stoked. Unfortunately, guess what the river was. The feather-plucking case 7! Thank you riverstars. I busted out in 180th!! It was over so quickly I couldn't even get a screenshot. Oh well. On to the next one.

6 comments:

Klopzi said...

Man...I wish I could get sick and stay home...

Man...I really wish I could get sick and stay home after dropping 3 pounds overnight...

Maybe I'll pop by the alley behind the Gow's Chinese Food Imporium on the way home and find a raw chicken drumstick or two to nibble on...

iamhoff said...

It's crazy enough, it just might work! At least I can take heart that Riverstars is functioning well. Just busted out all in AA vs KK, villain spikes a K on the river. Meh. Think I'll go barf.

TripJax said...

Tough hand with the Kings. I played a 180 today too. Finished 7th.

I was eyeing that 1st place $200+. Oh well, I was 2nd in chips with 24k and 1st place had 140k. It was sick. I took some tough hands and ended 7th.

Fun stuff though. Strep Poker!

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Damn, out in 180th. I suck in these things but even I haven't done a spot worse than 178th. Maybe 179th.

Gotta love losing the nut trips to rivered quads. Jokerstars in da house!!

Matt Silverthorn said...

You gotta love the RiverStars. Both of those beats are sick.

BrainMc said...

Hoff, let me be the first to tell you how you misplayed your hand......just kidding, I loooove the "Feather Plucker" comment. That has now been added to my list of phrases to use.