Monday, April 03, 2006

WSOP Satellite and Other Random Content

First of all, sign up for this tourney:

What: WPBT WSOP Satellite #2
When: Monday, April 3rd @ 9PM EST
Where: Poker Stars
Tournament #: 21868191 (see private tourney tab)
Buy-in: $30 +3
Format: NL freezeout
Password: socoshot
Restrictions: Bloggers only

It's hosted by the blogfather himself, so you know it's a quality event. I was all set to play in this one, but the fates intervened and presented me with tickets to the San Diego Padres home opener. Game time is 4:05, so the game wouldn't likely be over until at least 7:00 and with the horrific traffic in downtown SD following games at Petco Park, I probably won't make it home until 8. As soon as I get home, I'll hop on and railbird, but I'll have to win my seat at an upcoming satellite event!

Not a good weekend for poker. Not because my game sucked, but because I was too busy to get on the poker machine. Friday, me and the gf went out to dinner and drinks with a buddy from Rhode Island, (Zippy). Feeling no pain and pretty sleepy, I skipped poker and crashed out. Saturday, Zippy was coming over to check out Casa de Hoff for the first time. Had to clean a few things, doncha know. By the time the shack was ready for visitors, I only had time to log on for a few hands of .05/.10 PLO. I left the table after 15 minutes, down $1.50. I had one good hand that held (a boat), and several good hands that got busted. My straight loses to a higher one, my flush loses to a higher one, etc. Meh. After dinner, gf not feeling well, so I’ve got time for both brog updates and the poker machine. But wait a minute, I'm connected to my network but I’ve got no internet connection. About this time, the gf calls out from the bedroom that the TV is broken. Quick check of other TVs (both digital cable and not), and everything is down. Quick call to Time-Warner Cable, and it turns out that San Diego Gas & Electric lost a transformer that shut down the cable routing to my neighborhood. Another evening lost. Meh. Sunday, walk the dog, have breakfast, and me and the gf went car shopping. Spent the entire day at the dealerships. Bleh. Decided to reward kind and patient gf with a nice dinner in Del Mar. Home just in time to watch Gray’s Anatomy, walk the dog, and pass out.

Good luck to everybody at the WSOP satellite tonight. See ya around the room.

1 comment:

MrCy said...

I really enjoy gambling online and watching the WSOP.