Friday, April 14, 2006

Warning! Bad Beats Ahead

Managed to play a couple of SNGs tonight. Results weren't great, but I suck so that's expected. The highlight of the evening was catching TripJax online. In between hands on my 1st SNG, I railed him. He had a couple of good hands, but busted out on a coinflip similar to what busted him out of Mookie (except me and my ducks weren't in the hand). He had 77 and shoved. One caller with (I think) KTo, just like Mookie. Sure as hell, a ten on the flop and Trip was done. In between chats and railing me, he hooked up with Al for his first dial a shot. Shortly thereafter, I got to do my first blogger dial a shot. My Jack Daniels against his Absolut. The livers won. I'd done a chat a shot before, but not managed to do a dial a shot, so that was cool.

Anyway, my first tourney was so so. I was doing alright until I donkeyed a bunch of my chips into a pot with the ever popular TPTK. Villain had 2 pair and I was short stacked. I fought back when I woke up to 44 on the button. UTG calls, and MP raises up enough to put me all in. SB has me covered but is also forced all in, and BB folds. UTG folds. I'm up against KJc and AKo. Flop comes 2 8 5 rainbow. Then the magic. Turn brings a 4, and I jump from 900 to almost 3500 chips. w00t! Then I looked down and found the hammer at 100/200 UTG. What the hell. I love the hammer (remember these words), so I decide to play it. Very tasty result. After that, I had K9o two hands in a row, and won healthy pots both times. Unfortunately my luck changed. My A8 ran into KQ and I lost a quarter of my big stack. Then I had two instances where I popped a small raise with something like A5s, only to get hit with an all-in, so that cost another 3rd or so of my stack. Then my KQs ran into A9o and I lost another huge chunk. That left me all in on the SB with Q5 against someone with QT, and I'm done.

Then I tried my hand at multitabling. I had an 18 player and a 45 player going. The 18 pretty much sucked. I got few cards and almost no traction. I had one good hand where my K5 outlasted K4 to more than double up my depleted stack. Unfortunately that was pretty much it. J2, 26, T4, you know, quality hands. It finally came down to my short stack in the BB with pocket 3s. May as well, and I get called by 9Th who flops a ten and I'm done again. But, I'm still going in the 45, which is going better. Not great, but better. My stack is above average, and I look down to find AQ in the BB. I can't bring myself to type this, so here's the hand history.

*********** # 24 **************
PokerStars Game #4620361905: Tournament #23047618, $11+$1 Hold'em No
Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2006/04/14 - 03:35:40 (ET)
Table '23047618 2' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 3: iamhoff (1915 in chips)
Seat 4: bigwadocash (1625 in chips)
Seat 5: elusive69 (1710 in chips)
Seat 6: >>*KsJs*<< (960 in chips)
Seat 7: lvdealer2000 (3675 in chips)
Seat 8: killersponge (1290 in chips)
Seat 9: TheKidJNel15 (1335 in chips)
TheKidJNel15: posts small blind 75
iamhoff: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to iamhoff [Ah Qd]
bigwadocash: folds
elusive69: folds
>>*KsJs*<<: folds
lvdealer2000: folds
killersponge: folds
TheKidJNel15: raises 1185 to 1335 and is all-in
iamhoff: calls 1185
*** FLOP *** [Jd 7c 2h]
>>*KsJs*<< said, "lol"
iamhoff said, "wtf"
*** TURN *** [Jd 7c 2h] [5c]
*** RIVER *** [Jd 7c 2h 5c] [3d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TheKidJNel15: shows [7s 2s] (two pair, Sevens and Deuces)
iamhoff: shows [Ah Qd] (high card Ace)
iamhoff said, "luckbox"
TheKidJNel15 collected 2670 from pot

Remember when I said I loved the hammer? Now look at the very next hand, which I fortunately wasn't involved in.

*********** # 25 **************
PokerStars Game #4620364813: Tournament #23047618, $11+$1 Hold'em No
Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2006/04/14 - 03:36:18 (ET)
Table '23047618 2' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 3: iamhoff (580 in chips)
Seat 4: bigwadocash (1625 in chips)
Seat 5: elusive69 (1710 in chips)
Seat 6: >>*KsJs*<< (960 in chips)
Seat 7: lvdealer2000 (3675 in chips)
Seat 8: killersponge (1290 in chips)
Seat 9: TheKidJNel15 (2670 in chips)
iamhoff: posts small blind 75
bigwadocash: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to iamhoff [5s Jh]
elusive69: folds
>>*KsJs*<<: raises 810 to 960 and is all-in
lvdealer2000: folds
Toaster11 is connected
ja deuce is connected
killersponge has timed out
killersponge: folds
killersponge is sitting out
TheKidJNel15: folds
iamhoff: folds
bigwadocash: calls 810
*** FLOP *** [Qh 7c 2h]
killersponge has returned
iamhoff said, "rigged"
*** TURN *** [Qh 7c 2h] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [Qh 7c 2h 9c] [Tc]
>>*KsJs*<< said, "LMFAO"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bigwadocash: shows [Ad 7s] (a pair of Sevens)
>>*KsJs*<<: shows [2d 7d] (two pair, Sevens and Deuces)
>>*KsJs*<< collected 1995 from pot

Quite the hammer evening. End result, about 5 hands later I was stuck in the BB with J4 and had no choice. I wound up against KQ and A5, and both an A and a K hit on the flop. Meh.

4 comments:

drewspop said...

Sounds like a fun night. I hit the sack early last night. 3 nights straight of playing until after 1am did me in.

What is your yahoo im name? Email it to me if you want. I am drewspoppoker on yahoo so add me when you have a chance.

Congrats on your first dial-a-shot. I did my first on Kat's birthday a couple weeks ago at 1:30am. Good clean blogger fun.

Have a good weekend man.

Matt Silverthorn said...

I don't see any bad beats here. The best hand (the hammer) seems to be winning consistently.

Veneno said...

Al sure gets around..lol

I had my first with him last night too. And so did Jordan.

Dang..3 cherries in one night..that boy is impressive!!!

TripJax said...

Good times, my friend, good times...