Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mookie Mookie Mookie!!

Played in Mookie's Tournament last night. Well, I tried to play. Basically, I sucked and went out in 33rd. Meh. That's alright, though, because these events are totally fun and have a great list of players. I had two major things go wrong. First, I was card dead. I got an uns00ted Cheney, but after someone raised up 5x the BB, I folded that like an elderly hunter who got shot. That was part of the problem. I might get a remotely decent LOOKING hand (KQ, AXs, etc.) but my table consisted of a bunch of bullies who were walking fine and had no need to limp. I got no love from teh Tourist, and Jules' hand of the tourney (4-2) I didn't even see. The other problem was one completely of my own doing. Chris, Jordan, and Hoyazo got me hooked into the Yahoo voice chat during an SNG we were playing the other night, and convinced me that I needed a totally cool headset so that I could talk to everyone. It wound up working fine, but I was running late so it took about the first 15 minutes before I could get everything working (some freaky conflict between my surround sound and the headphone output). Sample lovely hands included (all uns00ted, btw) T2, 28, T5, 26, etc. I had one instance where I had 88, called a healthy raise from jjok, and saw a flop of 52Q. jj led off with a bet of about 1/2 the pot, around 160. I fold, and he eventually showed KK. That was about the extent of the good hands I saw. End result, I busted in 33rd out of the 42 players that signed up, when my A4h ran into atrain's ATo. Bleah. At least I got the chat thingy working...fun times. Katitude and Jules voted Gary as having the sexiest voice, with Garth running a close 2nd. Lots of smack talking about certain players nobody really knew, but were playing like complete tools. Fun stuff. In the end, RoccoBoxer (who punted me out of last week's Mookie) wound up taking the victory, to the chagrin of most of the brogger faithful. Oh well. There's always next week.

Not having completed my evening yet, I jumped into my usual 45 SNG on Stars. I wasn't quite as card dead here, and actually played some decent pokah. Still, I got no traction for the first 19 hands. Then this happened.

*********** # 20 **************
PokerStars Game #4681897754: Tournament #23378313, $11+$1 Hold'em No
Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2006/04/19 - 23:02:00 (ET)
Table '23378313 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: FROGOLITO (2695 in chips)
Seat 4: GreenRevival (2575 in chips)
Seat 5: Grizz4Lynn (2750 in chips)
Seat 6: rzanew (1455 in chips)
Seat 7: flanigan (2895 in chips)
Seat 8: iamhoff (1060 in chips)
Seat 9: ppalmer0967 (3590 in chips)
rzanew: posts small blind 75
flanigan: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to iamhoff [Th Ts]
iamhoff: raises 150 to 300
ppalmer0967: folds
FROGOLITO: folds
GreenRevival: folds
Grizz4Lynn: folds
rzanew: folds
flanigan: calls 150
*** FLOP *** [Qd 6h 4c]
flanigan: checks
iamhoff: bets 300
flanigan: calls 300
*** TURN *** [Qd 6h 4c] [2s]
flanigan: checks
iamhoff: checks
*** RIVER *** [Qd 6h 4c 2s] [Td]
flanigan: bets 450
iamhoff: raises 10 to 460 and is all-in
flanigan: calls 10
flanigan said, "h"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
iamhoff: shows [Th Ts] (three of a kind, Tens)
flanigan: shows [2d 3d] (a pair of Deuces)
iamhoff collected 2195 from pot

I've got no idea why flanigan stayed in, but I'm glad he did. I wasn't betting huge, with the overcard on the board, but he needed runner runner for both a flush and a gutshot str8, so I'm just happy that he wanted to give me his chips. He wound up busting out 2 hands later when he tried to all in bluff (again) on the river with A6 and ran into AQ. Then I got moved and ran into this bluff-tard push bully named SupaStarr. Watch for him. Sharkscope rates him as a fish with a "Tilt" form. He's lost more than me and has a lower ROI than me (-22%). Go find him and take his money. I was very happy when he got moved off of my table. I actually hung around to the final table, but busted on the bubble when my all-in got busted by a river gutshot straight. Still, I was generally pleased with my play.

At this point, I had to take a break from the poker machine to spend time with dear & patient gf, and then walk the dog. By the time I got done with the doggie, I still wanted to play (it was only 12:30 a.m.). I hadn't been on Tilt in a while, because the bankroll there had taken some hits. I decided to jump into a .10/.25 NL cash game, just for something different. I bought in for $20, posted the .25 BB, and get dealt Qs3h. 2 EP callers, I check, fold fold fold, SB fold, BB checks. Flop is 9c3c2d. So I've got very low pair. It checks around and the Qh falls on the turn. Now I've got 2 pair. BB checks, EP bets $1. I call, putting him on a Qx, and BB folds. River brings the case Q. Villain bets $1, I raise to $2. He reraises me to $4 and I rereaise to $6. He's got me covered and pushes, I call. He flips over the expected QJo and doubles me up. It doesn't happen to me much, but it is hella hawesome when the deck just hits you in the face. And with that, I hit it and quit it (as Pauly would say), and went to bed.

No comments: