Friday, April 21, 2006

Laugh of the Day

I meant to post this earlier, but work intruded. My family and friends all know that I play poker, so they've tried to get me various poker-related gifts from time to time. Some have been useful, like Harrington Vol. 1 (thanx Jill). Some, on the other hand, are simply sources of amusement. My buddy Troll got me Hellmuth's "Daily Poker Tips" calendar, because somebody got it for him and he figured that he shouldn't have to suffer alone. Occasionally there's something remotely useful (application of pot odds), but these two are classic. April 18 - "At times you're at the mercy of the cards!" (exclamation point his, btw). And April 20 - "Bluffing all your money in a single daring move takes guts!" Wow! The insight that dude has just rattles me to the core. I'm glad I was sitting down when I read those earth-shattering pearls of wisdom. There. I've done my good deed for the day. Now with the record-breaking readership of this here fine inter-webby page thingie, all donkey play should be done. You can now look at your hands and know instantaneously whether you will win or not. Poker made easy. Thanks to the wisdom of a tool named Phil.

5 comments:

StB said...

I suddenly feel like a better poker player just for reading it. Hell, I don't even need to play anymore.

iamhoff said...

I'm thinking of just holding up the calendar pages to the monitor when I'm logged on. Either that, or I'll drape them over the mouse. Then Phil can help me pick whether to check, bet, or fold.

TripJax said...

I can turn pro now...

FatBaldGuy said...

I think the sad part is that Phil actually believes we need to be told this stuff.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I agree with all the comments. Plus I was wondering, does anyone think that hosting the cheezey celebrity poker show on Bravo is good for Phil's career? What the hike is that guy thinking? He is truly more interested in getting money from sponsorships than from poker anymore.

Probably why he kinda sucks nowadays.