Thursday, April 13, 2006

Actual Poker Content!

Great fun at the Mookie last night. It wasn't my best showing, but it was better than my last 2 times. We had a full roster of the blogging faithful, including Mookie (who it turns out I share a birthday with!), TripJax, Chris aka drewspop, hoyazo, katitude, waffle man, jjok, fishymcdonk, GaryC, Garth, Matt, and many others. Play was pretty good, and I was generally satisfied with my own performance. I didn't donkefi things too badly, and got decent cards. In honor of the PokerChamp, I played the Tourist (A7) and won with it. Unfortunately, karma came back at me and wldcat70 got me with the very same hand. I was very shortstacked, but fought back with A8. On flop of 5 8 6, I shove and get called by RoccoBoxer with AQ. A 7 on the turn gave me horrific visions of chopping a pot, but the river was a beautiful 8, giving me a set. About this point, Chris really started to chip up. He took out hammerplayer and slobocop on one hand, when hoyazo's TT and slobo's AQ ran into KK. Shortly after this, I was still fairly short stacked and found ducks in the pocket. I called the blinds, and then Trip went all in with 77. Rocco called and I thought about it. With my stack size, a pocket pair seemed to be my best shot so I called. Trip flipped his 7s and Rocco showed AT. The flop paired his 10 and he turned broadway, just to be sure. IGH in 14th. The play was solid after that. Kat's bid for a 3-peat was denied when her TT ran into Rocco's flush, and she busted out in 7th. The top 4 wound up being Rocco, Matt, Waffles, and Chris. At hand 225, Chris pulled the suckout of the game.

*********** # 225 **************
> PokerStars Game #4609093104: Tournament #22851247, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level X (400/800) - 2006/04/13 - 00:30:06 (ET)
> Table '22851247 3' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
> Seat 1: drewspop (19209 in chips)
> Seat 4: kaellinn18 (7214 in chips)
> Seat 6: RoccoBoxer (11097 in chips)
> Seat 7: SirFWALGMan (10480 in chips)
> drewspop: posts the ante 50
> kaellinn18: posts the ante 50
> RoccoBoxer: posts the ante 50
> SirFWALGMan: posts the ante 50
> drewspop: posts small blind 400
> kaellinn18: posts big blind 800
> *** HOLE CARDS ***
> Dealt to drewspop [9d 8h]
> RoccoBoxer: calls 800
> SirFWALGMan: folds
> drewspop: calls 400
> kaellinn18: checks
> *** FLOP *** [Td Qd Jh]
> RoccoBoxer said, "mook wasn't good to me"
> drewspop: bets 1600
> kaellinn18: folds
> RoccoBoxer: raises 1600 to 3200
> drewspop: raises 1600 to 4800
> RoccoBoxer: raises 5447 to 10247 and is all-in
> drewspop: calls 5447
> kaellinn18 said, "wow"
> *** TURN *** [Td Qd Jh] [8d]
> *** RIVER *** [Td Qd Jh 8d] [Jd]
> *** SHOW DOWN ***
> drewspop: shows [9d 8h] (a straight flush, Eight to Queen)
> RoccoBoxer: shows [9s Kd] (a flush, King high)
> drewspop collected 23094 from pot
> *** SUMMARY ***
> Total pot 23094 | Rake 0
> Gilain [observer] said, "holy carp!"
> kaellinn18 said, "gg"
> mookie99 [observer] said, "wow"
> SirFWALGMan said, "gg"
> SirFWALGMan said, "lol"
> drewspop said, "gg"
> RoccoBoxer [observer] said, "unbelievable"
> Garthmeister [observer] said, "I uh, I uh..."
> mookie99 [observer] said, "one kick to the junk"
> RoccoBoxer [observer] said, "all time worst beat"
> kaellinn18 said, "thank God I laid down A4"
> RoccoBoxer [observer] said, "i need a bucket"
> RoccoBoxer [observer] said, "i feel sick"
> SirFWALGMan said, "lol"
> drewspop said, "sorry dude"

Shortly thereafter, Waffles busted Matt with AQ vs. JT, leaving us heads up with Waffles and Chris. Waffles has been tearing up the 180s, but this was Chris' night and he took it down. Hawesome job!

I didn't get any more pokah in last night, but I jumped into a 15+1 9 turbo at lunch. I was playing pretty well, not too much donkification, and a good aggression level. Until I got dealt AT 5 handed in the BB. I was 3rd in chips and looking to double up. Big stack calls, SB calls, and I thought about raising to take it then, but decided to slow play. Oops. Flop comes down A26. SB checks, I bet out 300 into a pot of 450. Villain raises another 300 and SB folds. I figured villain for a steal or at least a Ax less than AT, so I reraised another 300. Villain shoves and I call. Villain then flips over 66. Oops. The turn added insult to injury with the case 6, and IGH in 5th. Oh well. Stupid is as stupid does. See ya on the felt.

2 comments:

mookie99 said...

Happy birthday...too...Thanks for playing last night. Enjoyed it...see you next week.

drewspop said...

Good to finally get to play with you. Good night for me. What a lucky hand. Other than that, the deck was just hitting me in the face all night.

Have a great long weekend. Welcome to 35.