Thursday, March 30, 2006

Quickie Update

Played (for a few moments, anyway) in Mookie's Big O Texas Crazy Lady tournament tonight. I started off at what was determined to be the TV table. Crazy Lady, Katitude, TripJax, Sir Waffle Man, TraumaPoker, and a few others made for a strong table. I did drop the first hammer of the evening. I only picked up the early blinds, but dammit I dropped the hammer! Despite that, I went out way too early. Twice I underplayed Big Slick (spade suited both times, interestingly enough), and twice Waffles put a hurt on me. I really should have remembered to get the Kevlar cup that Garth used to prevent a junk kicking last week. That got me short stacked and tilted in a hurry (helluva combination), which led to my quick exit in 20th place. Waffles ended up busting out in 5th, and TripJax went out in 4th. Heads Up wound up with wesmotv against Katitude. She used her wiley feminine charms, and tilted her way to victory! Actually, I missed the last few hands (gf came home), so who knows exactly what she did. Ultimately tho, she won, and that's all that matters. See ya all next week.

After my hurried exit from Mookie-land, I jumped into a 15+1 18 player turbo on Stars. I played very well, and I think the musical selections helped. I sorted my iTunes library by genre and let it play. During Mookie's tournament, I got into a set of GWAR, and while I love their music, listening to such lovely compositions as Slaughterama and Sexecutioner did not seem to help my game. During the SNG, I had mostly Kid Rock, and a couple of the DJ Dangermouse "Grey Album" mashups. It seemed to be a good groove, and I wound up in 2nd. There were no fabulous hands that I had, no real suckouts, I just played solid poker and got the cards I needed. I forgot to get a screenshot, but when we were 3 handed, I looked at my stats. I'd been in 37 percent of the hands dealt. Of the hands that went to showdown, I won 90% of them. And those combined with pots that I won without a showdown, I wound up winning almost 75 percent of the pots I got into. End result, $81 payoff. Not bad for a $16 investment. With the $25+2 the other day, I'm finally sending my b/r in the right direction again. Hopefully I can keep this going. And I'm sorry I don't have the hyperlinks in this post. It's 1:30 in the morning, and I'm not as motivated as Ingoal, so I need sleep. See ya on the digital felt.

4 comments:

drewspop said...

Saw you in the Mookie Hoff. It was wifey time so I couldn't jump in. She is going away this weekend and I have the kids so there will be a lot of poker this weekend at night.

Congrats on the SNG. Maybe I will see you on the felt this weekend in one.

TripJax said...

bubble boy here...had a good time...catch you on the next one...

mookie99 said...

Thanks for coming out to play again. See you around.

iamhoff said...

Thanx for putting these together, Mookie. Finally a regular tourney that I can make work with my schedule. I really gotta blow work off and catch a WWdN when the gf isn't around. So hard to catch a break. I'm sure I'll be bouncin' round the SNG's this weekend. I'll look for ya pop. Trip, I was rooting for ya and I was bummed when you bubbled out. Oh well. There's always next week.