Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Quick Update

Got to play in my second ever blogger event. Mookie put on the Big O Bird Flu Waffles tournament on Stars tonight. 23 registered for the fun, including Mookie, Mrs. Mookie, Waffles, Garthmeister, Sox Lover, Vegas Rico and others (sorry for not having the links). It was a blast. Garth showed up ready to prevent a junk kicking with his kevlar cup. I held my own, tho, and I'm pretty pleased with the way I played. I was definitely more loose and aggressive than I normally play, but being at a table with Mookie, Sir Waffles and Garth I felt I needed to up the aggression level. I was in the top 4 for a decent amount of time, and made it as high as 2nd place. The point where it changed for me and I started my downward slide was when Garth kicked me in the junk. It wasn't a bad beat by a long shot, but he definitely had me preflop. The only reason I was in was because of the ever-dangerous Big Blind Discount. I flopped a pair to what wound up being Garth's 2 overcards. In the end, we both rivered a flush, my Queen coming up short against his King flush. Still, the best moment of the tourney for me was this hand.

PokerStars Game #4381790884: Tournament #21642234, Hold'em No Limit -
Level V (75/150) - 2006/03/22 - 23:06:53 (ET)
Table '21642234 3' Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: SirFWALGMan (2090 in chips)
Seat 4: VegasRico (5545 in chips)
Seat 5: SoxLover (1920 in chips) out of hand (moved from another table
into small blind)
Seat 6: Garthmeister (4575 in chips)
Seat 8: iamhoff (2865 in chips)
Garthmeister: posts small blind 75
iamhoff: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to iamhoff [7h 2d]
SirFWALGMan: folds
VegasRico: folds
Garthmeister: calls 75
iamhoff: raises 300 to 450
SirFWALGMan said, "ty"
Garthmeister: folds
iamhoff collected 300 from pot
iamhoff: shows [7h 2d] (high card Seven)
iamhoff said, "hammer"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 300 | Rake 0
Seat 2: SirFWALGMan folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: VegasRico (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Garthmeister (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: iamhoff (big blind) collected (300)

No matter what else happened, I bluffed Garth with the Hammer! As it was, I went out in 9th. Garth made it all the way to heads up, and wound up in 2nd. Good job Garth. Count me in for the next one!

2 comments:

mookie99 said...

Thanks for coming out to play ! It was alot of fun. See you next week.

StB said...

Nice Hammer play!