Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finally! The Drought is Broken!

So after far too long without a cash, I played this lovely SNG. It was a $25+2 18 player turbo, and I played some of my best poker yet. I started off kind of card dead, but after about the 10th hand, I started getting live cards. I got AA, AK, QQ, and KK in 4 of 6 hands. When I raised the first two (AA and AK), I got no callers and showed both after it folded to me. Then came something like 94o, which I obviously folded. After that was the QQ. I raised that up and got one person who pushed. I had him covered almost 2 to 1, so I called. His JTh didn't improve, and I won another big pot. Next had was T2o, which I again folded. Very next hand was KK. Insane! I raised it up again, and got two callers. Flop came down K97. First caller pushed. Next caller reraised all-in. I had them both covered and called. First one had K9. 2nd had 77. My set held up and I took down another fat pot. Then I went card dead again, but I knew this was my tourney. I had two bad hands where I had good cards, but got beat. One (A7d) was I picked up two pair at the turn, only to find out the BB got lucky and flopped a typical BB junk straight (I think he held something stupid like 48). I'll give him credit for slow playing me and letting me give him a 3rd of my stack. The other one was I again picked up two pair (AJ), and lost when the other guy rivered AQ two pair. Then I started to get in danger of blinding out. I got lucky three handed and tripled up when I woke up in the BB with cowboys. From that point, I pwned the whole thing. I folded a few junk hands, but all of my cards were playable, especially heads up. A3, 22, 44, QT. Finally, the last hand came down to my A3 in the SB. I called the blind, and BB pushed with 56 sooted. No improvement and I win a nice little chunk of cash. If I couldn't make it to the Mansion with some of the other bloggers, I'll settle for some Jack Daniels and a nice little win.

Despite what the timestamp will say, It's 1:56 a.m. and I'm beat. I'm going to bed. C-ya all later.

7 comments:

drewspop said...

Good job man. Nice takedown.

iamhoff said...

Thanx. I needed it. The b/r had taken some hits lately, and that replenished it nicely. Now if I can string together a few more like that, I'll have my wad for the WPBT summer fling in Vegas!

StB said...

Well done! Always feels good to end a losing streak.

StB said...

Well done! Always feels good to end a losing streak.

DrChako said...

I love(d) those $15 and $25 two-table SNG's on Stars. Well done, man.

huma said...

Very nice win. How much was it anyway? I'm guessing around $200?

iamhoff said...

It was very nice. $27 in, $180 out. Not bad for a smidge over an hour's worth of entertainment. As I've noted in previous posts, I've been trying to find a good mix of music to play that doesn't either put me to sleep (jazz) or pump me up to tilt overload (death metal). For this SNG, I played a mix of rocking stuff (i.e. Dokken), with some classic rock (Eagles), folk rock (Carbon Leaf), and funky alt folk (Ani DiFranco, Angie Aparo), and that seemed to work. We'll see how well the selections work in future games.