Saturday, February 25, 2006

Live Blogging in the Life of Hoff (selected excerpts)

So I figured I'd try my hand at this live blogging thing. I apologize for the subject matter, but it is the Randomness of Hoff, and I'd say this is pretty random.

11:18 p.m. Arrive back at casa de Hoff from dinner, movie and dessert.

11:20 p.m. Play with dog

11:29 p.m. Change out of nice clothes into ratty shorts and Huntington Surf and Sport sweatshirt (the official dog walking sweatshirt) to walk the dog.

11:32 p.m. We enter the 50 degree night air.

11:33 p.m. The first rabbit is sighted, and the chase is on. Have you ever tried to keep up with a sprinting Doberman? It ain't easy.

11:34 p.m. And the chase is paused for urination!

11:35 p.m. Back after the rabbits. Running around 3 separate buildings in the condo complex chasing Bugs Bunny.

11:40 p.m. Lost sight of Bugs near front door of Casa de Hoff. Lap 2 begins around the casa. Heading for the magic pooping zone this time.

11:42 p.m. Arrive in zone, only to find another rabbit. The chase is back on.

11:46 p.m. Lost sight of rabbit again. Doggy doesn't want to poop, just go home. Arrive back at casa. Wipe doggy feet, undo harness. Doggy snacks and water.

11:50 p.m. GF in bed with a cold we hope doesn't morph into bronchitis.

11:55 p.m. I arrive to provide backrub services

12:20 a.m. GF is fading. I depart to fire up PokerStars.

1:14 a.m. Not a good night. Fishies are out. Over the course of 45 minutes in 2 separate SNGs, I saw KK get cracked by lesser hands 5 times, twice to me and once by me (A7s rivered a flush). Out way too early in both.

1:25 a.m. Send up brog post. Sleepy. Time for bed.

4 comments:

MusikMom said...

You need to get the GF some Airborne and a hot toddy. My great-grandmother would force one of those down as soon as we had a sniffle. (No wonder I had a drinking prob as a young adult.)

Take care,
Mon :-)

P.S. - When is your sis going to post??? I like reading her stuff!

MusikMom said...

Just had to add this comment... I went to Wheaton's place and nearly fainted. He looks exactly like a boss (principal) that I had/have an extreme crush on. This is the same person that encouraged me to finish my teaching degree... You handsome bastard!!! (My heart is palpitating in a strange way. Maybe it was the steak I ate.)

Smitten,
Mon :-)

iamhoff said...

Airborne and Emergen-C both. She is just really succeptible (sp?) to colds, and no matter what we try she still gets nuked. We spent New Years' Day morning (8:30 a.m.) at the Urgent Care so she could get a prescription for antibiotics for the bronchitis. So it goes. My personal remedy is to eat a bunch of Kung Pao peppers or wasabi to burn it all out, take three quick shots of vodka, and sleep for 12 hours or so. That tends to work for me!

Nick Christy said...

Airborne is definitially the way to go. My fiancee swears by it. Beings that she is a school teacher and comes in contact with lots of germs and really hasnt come down with much I would have to agree with her. Like the live posts, keep it up.