Monday, February 27, 2006

Happy Monday!

Almost live blogging for a Monday morning.

8:37 a.m. Finish a quick run thru of the brogger list to glance at. Make mental (probably not the best idea) notes of what to reread and/or comment on at lunch.

8:45 a.m. Start wading thru the State of California Regional Water Quality Control Board website for permit data on one of my subdivisions in San Jacinto.

9:03 a.m. Have I ever mentioned how much of a pain it is trying to get any kind of useful info out of the State of California?

9:20 a.m. Attempt to get civil engineer and landscape architect on same page for some fence and wall plans. County of Riverside is almost as confusing as the State of California. Don’t give up hope, fellas. Keep up the good work and you’ll suck as much as the State in no time at all!

9:45 a.m. Pause for Diet Coke break. Mmmm. Diet Coke.

9:47 a.m. Last 5 songs to come up from my shuffled iTunes library:

Bug Powder Dust (Kruder & Dorfmeister Mix) – Bomb the Bass
Black Honey (Who Made Who Remix) – Mainline
Captain Kidd – Great Big Sea
Flying in a Blue Dream – Joe Satriani
Lovin’ an Animal – GWAR (must have been channeling Daddy)

10:02 a.m. Put in a call to my contact at the State Water Quality Board. Didn’t hear back from calls last week. Why should today be any different?

10:07 a.m. Putting the State on hold for the time being. Making a list of info to leave for my boss while I’m on jury duty tomorrow, in the sorry event I actually get seated for a trial. Any good thoughts on excuses to tell a judge/lawyer to get me out of being seated? Will it be enough to say that I’m a blogger, or do I have to admit that I know people called Boobie Lover, Sir Waffle Man, Whiskeytown, and Lady Falcon? Maybe it will be medical related, and I can say that I know the Poker Doc and Dr. Pauly! Then again, it might get me arrested!

10:50 a.m. Send up brog post and back to work.

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

I always pull out the Racist card, a southern drawl, and some carefully selected words will get you right out of there..

Matt Silverthorn said...

Screw Monday! It's Tuesday now! Hope you can make the WWdN game tonight.