Monday, January 02, 2006

Sooted Hammer!!


Can the cards suck any more? I just donked off about $2000 in play money on 10/20 fixed tables in record time. Fixed limit!! That's how crappy my cards were. Of course, I could have folded all the 47o or T6 sooted, but when hardly anything would get raised preflop, why not limp? Of course I would pick up some sort of draw, only to lose it on the river. Finally I had pocket rockets. I made a set on the flop with AK3, bet it hard, all the way around, only to lose it to a runner runner flush. The other dude was chasing with a 59 sooted, and pulled the flush out of his ass. Another time was KT. Flop comes Kxx. Turn is another K. Betting hard, reraising. Turn is a rag. Cards are turned over and the other dude has KJ! I was the suckout king. I did have one hand of redemption, tho. I had a club hammer. Bet it hard preflop, and made a pair of deuces on the flop. Chased it around to flush on the river. I sucked out top two pair! Finally, one small bit of justice, and it comes at the hand of Judge Hammer.

4 comments:

Matt Silverthorn said...

It's not a true hammer if it's sooted!! As for your KT debacle, I can relate. I lost $20 in a no limit game last night when some chick caught the same trips I did, with one card higher in terms of kicker. I had QJ and she had KJ.

iamhoff said...

Yeah, I know it's not a true hammer if it's sooted, but this is the first time I managed to win anything with 72 anything, so I had to shout it out!

River Driver said...

I may be a grammar weirdo, or just not familiar with the lingo, but isn't it "suited", not "sooted"?

iamhoff said...

You ARE a weirdo, but yes, it seems to be an online poker thing. Don't know why, that's just the way it goes. I think when you're online chatting or blogging, you can add more emphasis by doing something like: soooooooted!!! Either way, you're weird.