Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm So Jealous


AlCantHang is so lucky. The speed metal band, Anthrax, is playing in his neck of the woods, in Pennsylvania. I wanna go!!! It's been more than 10 years since I've seen Anthrax play, and they're one of the best bands to see live. So much energy it's scary, and that was before the invention of everybody's favorite cocaine in a can, Red Bull. Look up Al and let him know you're going. I guess I'll just sit here on the west coast, and listen to Anthrax and Stormtroopers of Death and GWAR and Nuclear Assault and Testament and all those other bands that defined what hardcore was. Throwin' the goat. \m/

4 comments:

DrChako said...

Never saw Anthrax, but I could use a night out after all this rain (23 consecutive days). Besides, partying with Alcanthang has got to be better than hanging with the folks in the second level of hell. Apparently, we have a lot in common...

-DrC

iamhoff said...

2nd level of hell. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy. Good call, Doc. Anything has got to be better than 23 days of rain. We had it bad enough last winter here in So Cal, but not 23 straight days. Isn't partying with Al like 23 straight days of raining SoCo, though?

Lady Falcon said...

If you like Gwar (or if you just like to be entertained), you should try to find the interview Gwar did with Joan Rivers. I think it was back in the very early 1990s. I found a transcript of the segment by googling "Gwar" and "Joan Rivers" in the same search. F'king hysterical.

Although the transcript it good, actually seeing it is so much better. The lead singer of Gwar really upstaged Joan and she didn't know how to handle it.

iamhoff said...

Classic! How did I miss that? Thanks to the wonder of P2P file sharing, maybe some freaky soul out there recorded it for me to download. I must find it. I will find it. Thanks for the tip.