Tuesday, December 27, 2005

What I'm Listening To

I listen to just about every type of music out there. 80s metal. 70s disco. Country. Old school gangsta rap. Smooth jazz. Folk rock. Whatever, I can find a good vibe in a lot of different types of music.

Recently, Wil Wheaton of WWdN tournament and Radio Free Burrito podcast fame composed an ambient, acid jazzy song. It's really good, and you can check it out here. Gracie even used it as the soundtrack to a dial-a-shot influenced video she did for the holidays. That song is why I'm listening to all of the mellower acid jazz, ambient, house, and trip hop stuff I've got in my iTunes library. Right now, Zero 7's "Destiny" is playing. I've got St. Germaine, Everything But The Girl, Massive Attack, Thievery Corporation, Kruder & Dorfmeister, etc., that mellow stuff is great for setting a soothing soundtrack to keep me calm. I work for a developer, and trying to keep things moving and on deadline is difficult when all of the consultants I use (architects, civil engineers) at work are all off this week, and therefore won't be able to make corrections to their plans to satisfy the people that work for cities and counties. Ironically, most of THOSE people are at work this week, so if I could get these development plans updated, I could theoretically get them approved during this week. Theoretically, of course. Mmmm. "Jungle Jazz" by St. Germaine just came on. Maybe I'll survive this week. We'll see.

2 comments:

Matt Silverthorn said...

Yeah, I know how you feel. The tech lead for my project is on vacation. I would be too, but I have to be here to cover in case something happens. It sucks. At least I get to take Friday off...

peacecorn said...

The best way to watch that video is with your eyes closed. Just an FYI.